Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
We are looking for a mammography tech who is compassionate with patient's in a high level busy dept. Works independently/evaluates images for high technical quality. Explains procedures to patients. Works in RIS/PACS/MRS systems. Works under general supervision, and with Radiologists. Can work at screening sites with high volume independently. Believes in Banner Imaging Core values.
Mammography technologists are at the heart of breast imaging. Your role is the most important, it can calm a nervous patient and your proper positioning ensures a proper diagnosis. We are looking for a compassionate mammography technologist to work in a high volume, busy breast center. We offer 3D screening mammography at every site. Diagnostic mammography, ultrasound and stereotactic biopsy are all done at our breast centers. You must work independently and under general supervision. You must be able to evaluate images for technical quality and explain procedures to patients. Come work with fellowship trained radiologists who have a passion for breast care. Hologic, Fuji machine and breast ultrasound knowledge are a plus but not required.
In this role, you will be working Monday-Thursday 10:30AM- 7:00 PM Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM, occasional Saturday shift (on rotation)- 40 hours total . At this location you will work with 1 radiologist, 3 fellow mammographers, 3 ultrasound techs. If you are an ambitious, caring, compassionate mammography technologist who would thrive in this environment, we are looking for you!
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: - State-of-the art technology - The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology - Relocation assistance - Tuition reimbursement - Continuing education programs - Career growth and promotion opportunities - Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and licensure by the state regulatory agency as applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in Mammography required within 18 months of hire. BLS certification required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.